Monday, November 3, 2008

Riley is 2!

We didn't do much for Riley's second birthday, unlike his first. We started the morning off by going to a friend's house so Brett and I could get some exercise. Then we went straight to my dad's house to help him with his computer. Then we came home so he could take a FOUR hour nap and when he woke up I took him to Toys R US. They have a HUGE Thomas the Train set that Riley HAS to play when we are there. I don't know how he fell in love with trains so much but none the less, he did. We got a balloon and crown from Geoffrey and high tailed it home to get ready for the ward Trunk or Treat. Even still we were an hour late so we missed most of the activities.
And that was it. Next year will be a whole other story. I think by then he will understand more of what is going on.
Oh. I do have to mention that the weekend before his birthday my family had a family reunion and my sister threw a birthday party for Riley while we were there. He had gifts, cake, games, and all that fun stuff. He mostly just looked frightened from all the attention! I had to leave in the middle of it to feed Jada. I can't believe I forgot to bring a bottle to a family reunion- BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! I thought "well I will be around her the whole time, there is no need for a bottle" but in reality I would be in the middle of some fun game or a freakin birthday party and I would have to dismiss myself! But now I know.


I love you Riley!

I wish he knew how to fake smile! We are working on it!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Happy Birthday to Riley! I can't believe he's two! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Riley!! It is crazy how fast they grow. Emma will be two in a couple of weeks. So much fun....except all the tantrums. Not so much fun.

natasha bartel said...

i love you riley!!!!!! happy late brithday i miss u so much
your favorite aunt tasha!