Thursday, November 6, 2008

Riley and Jada's updates...

Riley really enjoys pushing Jada in the stroller! It is soooo funny because we will be walking down a hallway and Riley will run into one wall then straighten out and head straight for the other wall. When I go to try and help him just by holding on to one handle, he pushes my hand away and says "No touch"! So I let him continually run into walls. Jada likes it too as long as I say 'boom' each time she is collides with the wall so that she knows everything is okay. This pictures was taken at the doctors office in the waiting room. It was the easiest entertainement EVER!!!


This was taken after I just got back from joining the YMCA after a FREE 6 week trial membership. I was reading all the paperwork and Jada was playing with the balloon and LOW AND BEHOLD Brett actually took a picture without me asking him to. It was a momentous event!!! Anyway, the YMCA is so awesome! Our family was awarding financial assistance which means we go for SUPER cheap and it includes child care while I work out and personal trainer advice. Their child care facility is sooo huge and nice that I feel it has helped Riley get over the stranger anxiety that plaqued our family for six months. He loves the Y and the big SUN sculptrue that sits infront of the entrance. Oh and he loves pushing the handicap button to open the doors for me and Jada. And he loves to push the elevator button and then run over the people coming out so he can push the buttons inside the elevator before I can stop him. How does he always find the alarm button?! He likes to make pit stops on the way to the play center to watch the old men playing raquetball and then the teenagers shooting hoops. And then when we go home, he likes to eat at "bus". Translation for "bus" is Chickfila. I have NO idea where that came from but he consistantly calls Chickfila "bus". Jada cries the ENTIRE time at the Y. I think the attendents hate it when I come but I don't know what to do. There is no other time during the day that I can go and we end up going during her nap time. She truly is a beast if she doesn't get to nap when she is ready!

Here is Jada's close up. I actually think she looks real pretty here. I don't usually say that about her out loud because everyone thinks their kids are cute but I really think this in one of the best pictures of her. I am so glad that she is becoming a happy baby finally! Jada is crawling nowadays and pulling herself up onto furniture and whatever else. She can't get down once she is up so she just whines for help until I can rescue her from her apprently incredibly stressful ordeal! She and Riley are playing together a little now that she can get around but he is becoming increasing jealous of her. He didn't care when she was the little blob that lies on the floor but now that she is getting around it makes him upset. When he gets caught digging her head into the floor, he gives me this look that is surprising so innocent that I really wonder if he knows what he is doing is bad or if he is just acting off instinct and can't understand why I am upset.


Our ward play group went to Zoo Atlanta last week and at the end they have this awesome playground that I have never been to (even though I have been to the Zoo about five times)! Riley only recently learned to jump with two feet (maybe about a month ago) so he really loved this thing. It is kind on like a trampoline, I don't really know how to describe it but I thought the pictures was cute.


So that is our family update....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

thanks for the update. I am so glad you have a blog, so I can at least feel like I know what's going on with you!