Thursday, November 6, 2008

My incredibly biased opinions on President Obama...

I went to bed the night of the election knowing that Obama was going to win although I did not wait up for the official announcement. I had been expecting it for a couple weeks now. I usually listen to the news or the radio every hour of the day but the last two weeks I stopped caring. I never wanted McCain in the first place, he was my least favorite of the Republican candidates in the primary. I just couldn't get fired up over him (although when Palin was announced I did get excited for a few days until the media tore the poor girl apart). Despite that, I could NEVER vote or support Obama. I refused to jump on the annoying "CHANGE" bandwagon or the "HISTORY" bandwagon. I certainly, like everyone I know, want change but I don't want Obama's form of change. I am fundamentally opposed to everything about him. Everything he stands for. But I haven't found myself 'depressed' over his winning either. I worry about the future with Obama. I worry about gay marriage (which will be 'legalized' under his administration). I can't worry about abortion because it is already legal but I am sad to know that it will continue under this administration. I worry about his tax plan. And I really worry about his health care plan. I worry about his associations with TERRIBLE people. But I know one good thing will come out of this, at least it should. Racism should end. There is nothing to talk about. There is no repression or unequal rights. It is time to move on. Anyone can achieve what they want to irregardless of color. I hope he will motivate many of our African American citizens and I really hope he will put Jesse Jackson out of a job (and Al Sharpton) (oh and Jeremiah Wright).
I am so frustrated that McCain won the Republican nomination. No one I knew liked or supported him so how did he end up winning?!!! I just can't get over that. Oh, how I wish Mitt Romney would have won. All I can do at this point is wait four years and then hope Mitt Romney (or some other great conservative) will fix this mess. But honestly I hope it isn't a mess. I hope Obama surrounds himself with smart intuitive people unlike himself and his previous associations. Opps that was mean, I am sure Obama is smart but I don't feel that he always acts it and of course since I disagree with him, he must be the stupid one! LOL. But seriously I hope in four years I will look back on this blog and say "Man, I sure was wrong about him". Any chance of that happening?
The reason I didn't stay up all night to watch the official announcement of Obama being the next president is because I saw a clip of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid celebrating their majorities in the House and Senate and I did get depressed. They scare me. They are loons. True loons.
Sorry for the lack of facts in this blog, I just wanted to say what I wanted to say without much thought. That is why it is so scattered. Maybe I will edit this blog one day when I get some motivation again. I really just don't' care. I have never been so apathetic about politics in my life, except for every single day before I turned 23 when I didn't care. So I guess the correct statement would have been "I have never been so apathetic about politics in the last five years". Thanks alot, Bush!
Now that I have posted four blogs tonight, I must go to bed. Good night!

3 comments:

mcamp said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

Dido!

Candice said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog. Well now it will be easier to keep in touch :)