Monday, August 11, 2008

Brett is making me some money!!

Brett had a summer associate position at a local law firm but it was only for 6 weeks. Well, those six weeks came and went and the last several weeks/months we've had no income and no student loans. It has been SOOOOOO difficult and stressful. Finally, mid last week, Brett got an email from the same law firm he worked at earlier in the summer, asking if he would be willing to come in for a few days to help them meet a deadline. Of course he said yes!!! He has worked everyday and long hours too. Today he is working 15 hours all the way til 1 am (the filing dead line). Then he has been asked by a few other lawyers to come in some the rest of the week to help with various other tasks! Today has been hard on me to be alone all day and deal with the babies but it will be so worth it when Brett gets paid! I have no idea when that will be or what is hourly rate is but anything is better than nothing.

So, I have such a crazy busy week this week that I think I will write it down.
Tuesday- Monky Joes in the am with Camille and Lindy. Babysit my neice from 9:30 til late. Braves Game at night

Wednesday-Babysit Trey and Madi Douglas (two more babies). Brett has something to do for a few hours but mostly he will be there the whole day to help me. A surprise birthday party for one of our friends at night. Then even later that night we are going to the airport to pick up my sister in law, Natasha.

Thursday- wakeboarding in the am. Playground in the early afternoon. Bring dinner to Jen Ayers who just had a baby. Hopefully I can go visit my dad for a few minutes after that. Then we are taking Tasha to the Lazer show for a late night.

Friday- Aquarium in the morning. Then the Varsity for lunch. Then the late afternoon, I am starting a temp job where I will go and take care of an elderly man everynight for the next ten days. Since Tasha is in town, I plan on leaving Riley with her and if Brett isn't working then I will leave Jada too. That would be awesome! It would be like free time even though I would be working. A change in pace is just as good. Oh, and Shadow has to go to the vet to get his ear cleaned out since he has chronic ear infections. But Brett will have to do that since I am being the breadwinner for the night!!! :)

Saturday- supporting Brett in a wakeboarding competition. And of course taking care of the elderly man at night.

Did anyone even care about that? I bet that was boring. Maybe Tasha will like it, because she likes anything, especially if it has her name in it!!

2 comments:

Camille said...

That sounds so busy and lots of fun! That's great that Brett is making some money and you are too! It's fun to do random things like that.

natasha bartel said...

HAHA WEL I DO I LOVE IT