Monday, October 13, 2008

Has it been that long?



I know everyone has been anxiously waiting for me to make a posting and I am sorry to keep ya'll waiting so long! LOL. Let me explain where I have been the last month... Facebook! I became obsessed with Facebook because I was preparing for my high school reunion. I was searching for people and trying to update myself as to what others have been up to. I was soooo nervous about the reunion and I wanted to have some information to help with conversation pieces.

What a waste!

There was two parts to the reunion. The first was my high school's homecoming football game and the second was an after party at a club. I couldn't make it to the football game because Brett had class til 9pm. I didn't want to deal with trying to find a sitter for the game but I did have a sitter for the after party, Angie Douglas (who also lent me clothes, shoes, and jewerly). So I went to the party and there were only about five people were there and they weren't people I was interested in reconnecting with. So Brett and I just stood around. Finally someone came that I was interested in talking to and while talking with her two more people came that I wanted to talk with and so on. In total, I only reconnected with six friends, certainly not worth all the time and stress I spent preparing for the reunion. I left at 1am and was glad I went but disappointed with the lack of friends that came to the reunion.

I recruited myself to be on the planning committee for the 15 year reunion. I would like to do something during the mid day so that kids can come and we can have a BBQ and just a real casual good time. Then in the evening go somewhere else, I am not sure where but certainly not a club where you have to scream into each others ears to hear one another.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look great!

Camille said...

You look gorgeous! :) I'm glad you got to meet up with a few, even if it wasn't what you expected.

natasha bartel said...

jess you look soooo pretty ... bretty looks grate too ! i miss you so much ..
love ya tasha